This is The Gurnards Head, a dining pub with rooms on Cornwall’s Atlantic coast between St. Ives and St. Just, near the Minack Theatre, Zennor, Penzance and Newlyn.
We want The Gurnards Head to be an inn that returns you momentarily to the slower pace of life that so many of us yearn for.
Time spent at The Gurnards Head and in this part of the world will unwind you as you enjoy one of the country’s most dramatic coastlines, one that has inspired artists and walkers for centuries.
The salty air is proven to make you sleep deeply in the most comfortable Vi-Spring beds. You will eat simple, earthy and delicious food. Beers, wine and sherries: all chosen because we love them.
At The Gurnards Head we support our local community, source our produce with sustainability in mind, and we set our prices with our local customers in mind, not the extended tourist season.
The Gurnards Head tables in the bar, warmed by log fires and bordered by back copies of Giles cartoon annuals, are as popular as those in the red and blue dining room.
On the more beautiful days between March and October, eating in the huge enclosed garden has the power to be one of those moments in life when everything comes together.
Lunch The Gurnards Head can be as fleeting or as laboured a visit as you like. Our menus suit all from the walker seeking refuelling to the serious luncher looking to settle in for a benevolently priced fixed price menu with a carafe of wine or two.
Have a look at our lunch and Sunday lunch menus to see examples of the kind of food we are offering at this time of year.
The Gurnards Head supper menu is short, seasonal and delicious. All our food is cooked to order and the menu will change a little every day depending on what our suppliers are bringing us.
Turn to our supper page to see what you might eat for your supper were you to visit The Gurnard’s Head at this time of year.
- And, like so many things, food is best kept simple. We have built the reputation of the Gurnard’s Head’s kitchen on this maxim.
- ‘Our seasonal menu’s change according to what is brought to our back door or what our chefs feel is at its seasonal best.’
- In Winter you might get Fish Soup with Rouille or in summer, a Ceviche of Sea Bass alongside leaf salads foraged by Fat Hen.
- Switch off in the soulful embrace of one of Britain’s most awe-inspiring landscapes.
- Food that you want to eat, that is strong in flavour and spirited, cooked beautifully and sourced locally.
- Sleep beautifully on Vi-Spring beds with views to gorse covered moorland or to the foaming Atlantic
- The Gurnard’s Head 2018 Rates
Standard Double £125 B&B or £180 Dinner B&B
Double King / Twin £150 B&B or £205 Dinner B&B
Large King / Family Room £190 B&B or £245 Dinner B&B
Single Occupancy from £105 B&B or £132.50 Dinner B&B
Our Sister Inns